What to do if you receive a Subpoena for Jury Service…
A Subpoena is an order to appear in court at the time stated. Everyone who is qualified must participate in jury selection unless you believe you meet one of the following:
- Medical Excuse
- Full Time Student
- Prior Scheduled Commitments
What to do if you do have an excuse for not serving on Jury Duty or if you need to postpone your jury service…
- If you have an excuse for not serving on Jury Duty or need to postpone your jury service for a good cause, ONLY SIGNED WRITTEN REQUESTS can be considered.
- If you have a medical excuse, a physician’s note MUST be attached.
- If you are a full time student, you MUST send a copy of your Student ID and an official copy of your class schedule.
- If you have a trip or vacation planned, you MUST attach a copy of your tickets or reservations.
- Please mail or fax your request to the address below NO LESS THAN 7 WORKING DAYS prior to the date your scheduled jury service is to begin. Include a daytime phone number and/or fax number where you can be reached. If your request is not received by the deadline, you must report for Jury Duty and you can request to be excused by the judge qualifying the venire.
- You will be notified sometime during the week prior to the scheduled jury service if you have been excused or if you must report for Jury Duty.
If you have questions concerning your Jury Duty you may call (985) 839-3093. Please leave a message with your name, concern, and a daytime phone number where you can be reached.
NO JURY EXCUSE OR POSTPONEMENT CAN BE GRANTED WITHOUT A SIGNED WRITTEN REQUEST
Please send your mailed request to:
Jury Coordinator, 22nd Judicial Court
St. Tammany Parish, Justice Center
701 N. Columbia Street, Room 3182
Covington, LA 70433
Please send your FAX request to:
- DISABILTY – If you need accommodations for a disability, please contact the Jury Coordinator at the above address or call (985)839-3093 and leave a message with your name, concern, and a daytime phone number where you can be reached.
- ENTERING – All persons entering the Courthouse will be subject to a search for concealed weapons.
- WEARING APPAREL – Prospective jurors are advised that shorts and tank tops are not to be worn when attending court.
Our office makes every attempt to remove the deceased from our Jury Venire. If for some reason you receive a Subpoena for a family member that has passed away, we ask that you please contact Daphne Phelps at the Clerk of Court’s office at (985) 839-4663 so we can remove the deceased from our list. We apologize in advance for anyone that may have been overlooked.