Function of Clerk’s Office
The Washington Parish Clerk of Court’s Office is the official repository for a variety of legal documents in Washington Parish.
- Civil Suits and Filings
- Property Transfers (Sales and Donations)
- Morgages, Liens, Deeds, and related documents
- Criminal and Juvenile proceedings
- Marriages and Divorces
- Issuance of Passports
Maintaining Court Proceedings:
The Clerk of Court’s Office also serves as the Clerk of District Court. It is responsible for maintaining records of all court proceedings and the Jury Commission Office, which calls on residents to serve on jury duty.
The Clerk of Court is the Chief Election Officer of the parish; in charge of all elections in Washington Parish.
- Providing election day commissioners for polling places
- Maintaining voting machines
- Recording and providing election results to the Louisiana Secretary of State.